Terms of Service
RobAid.com, (“we”, “us”, “RobAid”) provides this site and site-related services (collectively, the “Site”) subject to your compliance with the terms and conditions set forth in this agreement (the “Agreement”). By using the Site, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, please do not use the Site.
This Agreement is made between RobAid and you, as a Site visitor, and/or member (“you”). We reserve the right at any time to:
- Change the terms of this Agreement;
- Change the Site, including eliminating or discontinuing any content on or feature of the Site; or
- Change any fees or charges for use of the Site.
Any changes we make will be effective immediately on notice, which we may give by posting on the Site or via electronic mail. Your use of the Site after such notice will be deemed acceptance of such changes. Be sure to review this Agreement periodically to ensure familiarity with the most current version.
Code of conduct
While using the Site, you agree not to:
- Restrict or inhibit any other visitor or member from using the Site;
- Transmit any content or information that is unlawful, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable, or infringes on our or any third party’s intellectual property or other rights;
- Transmit any information or software that contains a virus, worm, time bomb, Trojan horse, or other harmful or disruptive component;
- Use the Site for any unlawful purpose;
- Modify, adapt, sub-license, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Site;
- Harvest or collect information about other Site visitors or members without their express consent; or
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, “data mine,” or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site or its contents.
While using the Site, you agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. We have no obligation to monitor the Site or any materials that you transmit to the Site. However, you acknowledge and agree that we have the right to monitor the Site and the materials you transmit, and to disclose any information to any third party in order to operate the Site properly; to protect RobAid, the Site, our sponsors and our members and visitors; and to comply with any legal obligations or governmental requests. Upon our request, you agree to sign a non-electronic version of this Agreement.
Material you send to us or post anywhere on the Site, including without limitation, text, artwork, graphics, photos, music or software may be used by RobAid or its affiliates throughout the world in perpetuity for any purpose, including, but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast, posting and sublicensing, and may be modified to enable any such use. Furthermore, you acknowledge that RobAid is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication that you send to or post on the Site for any purpose whatsoever including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products using such information.
Ownership and restrictions on use of materials
The Site is owned and operated by us in conjunction with others pursuant to contractual arrangements. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute materials from the Site in any way, without our prior written permission or without providing proper credits, except you may download one copy of such material on any single computer for your personal, non-commercial home use only, provided you keep intact, without change, all copyright and other proprietary notices. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of our copyright and other proprietary rights, and is strictly prohibited. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by using the Site.
RobAid associated logos and domain name www.robaid.com, are trademarks, logos, service marks, and/or domain names of RobAid. Other trademarks, service marks, logos, and/or domain names used on the Site are the trademarks, service marks, logos, and/or domain names of their respective owners.
All of our textual content is either copyrighted, or reprinted (with editorial adaptations by RobAid staff) from materials provided by credited sources. Images we use in our articles are either Public Domain Photos, or taken from sources credited within the article. If you believe in good faith that materials we host infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send us a notification requesting that the material should be removed or additionally credited.
To be effective, the notification must include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
There are a number of places on the Site where members of the public can post comments or contribute content. We neither endorse nor are responsible for any opinion, advice, information, or statement made or displayed on the Site by third parties. Under no circumstances will we or our affiliates, suppliers, or agents be liable for any loss or damage caused by these statements or your reliance on such information obtained through the Site.
A possibility exists that the Site could include inaccuracies or errors. Additionally, a possibility exists that unauthorized alterations could be made by third parties to the Site. Although we attempt to ensure the integrity of the Site, we make no guarantees as to the Site’s completeness or correctness. In the event that such an inaccuracy arises, please post a comment on the page where you found the inaccuracy or inform us via proper channel on our Contact page, so that we can try to correct it.
The Web site contains links to the third-party sites which are not under the control of RobAid, and we are not responsible for the content or availability of any linked site. If you access a third-party site from our site, then you do so at your own risk. We provide links as a convenience and the inclusion of the link does not imply that RobAid endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content on those third-party sites.
Limitation of liability
RobAid, its affiliates, or sponsors are not responsible or liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary, punitive or other damages under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other theory arising out of or relating in any way to the site and/or content contained on the Site, or any product or service purchased through the site or sites and services advertised on the Site. Your sole remedy for dissatisfaction with the site, the software, and/or content contained within the site is to stop using the site and/or software, as applicable. The sole and exclusive maximum liability to universal for all damages, losses, and causes of action (whether in contract, tort (including without limitation negligence), or otherwise) shall be the total amount paid by you, if any, to access the site.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us and representatives harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), or other expenses that arise directly or indirectly out of or from:
- Your breach of this Agreement, including without limitation, any violation of the previously mentioned Code of Conduct;
- Any allegation that any materials that you submit to us or transmit to the Site infringe or otherwise violate the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property or other rights of, or defame, any third party;
- Your activities in connection with the Site.
Version 1.1 (30th of January 2011)