2010 New Years Eve fireworks worldwide and our site in 2009
Happy New Year! We’ll try to make a tradition of adding the link to the video with the best compilation of fireworks display around the world once the whole world has celebrated the New Years Eve. You can watch the Fireworks around the globe in 2010 New Years Eve video bellow. The video will be changed to our favorite fireworks display video if a better video gets published.
The 2009 was a good year for RobAid.com. Although we started as a small and new website in April 2009, through time we earned our status and got referenced by many designers, engineers and reputable universities. We dedicated to thoroughly research before writing, covering various sources and contacting the project author if additional information was needed. Thanks for your cooperation!
The site went through a couple of changes regarding the design and usability, and we are still adding new features and optimizing site loading time. You can follow our articles via RSS and Atom feeds, subscribe to our weekly e-mail (optimal time since we published a bit less than one article per day) or just check our home page where articles are listed in a reversed timeline. We published over 200 articles.
The number of visitors is steadily rising, currently ranging from 300 to 500 unique visitors per day. The total of unique visitors ranged from 170 in April when website started to more than 5,500 per month resulting more than 26,200 unique visitors in 2009. The number of page views and time visitors spend on our site is constantly rising and we believe it will be even better when we add new features in this year.
In a couple of our next articles we’re going to cover the popularity of our articles in site categories and various subjects we covered. The overall top 10 articles according to the attention they got from our visitors in 2009 were:
- Biomimicry of heliotropic plants – more efficient solar panels
- AccuVein AV300 makes IV possible even in the dark
- Green architecture – self-sustainable media wall in Beijing
- Fish robots search for pollution in the waters
- Mini FPV Camera – an affordable mini cam
- Using solar energy – Solar power
- Increasing the wind power harnessing efficiency – VIEG
- AirPenguin – flying robot penguins, what’s next?
- Green architecture – Qatar cacti biomimicry
- A toy robotic arm or a teaching aid? Both.